|Location||Baton Rouge Corporate Office|
The primary role of the Division Controller is to maintain appropriate controls and budgets that enhance the accuracy of financial reporting. Responsibilities include coordinating month-end close, internal financial reporting, budget variance and trend analysis, forecasting, and producing accurate job-cost accounting reports, oversees accounts payable and monitors billings and collections of accounts receivables, and special projects as deemed necessary. The Division Controller will play an integral role in the organization, and will interface with executive leaders, as well as project managers. The successful candidate will be responsible for budget management, forecasting, accounts payable, invoicing, accounts receivable, cash management and financial reporting. This is an excellent opportunity for a professional who embraces change, demonstrates leadership, and encourages hard work and transparency. Must be able to work in the Baton Rouge, LA office.
The Division Controller will maintain focus on supporting the financial needs of the Division while striving to drive continuous improvement in areas of need. The Division Controller reports to the Chief Administrative Officer.
· Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance
· 5+ years of accounting experience, including job costing, billing and project accounting experience; CPA (Certified Public Accountant) strongly preferred
· Experience in the construction industry is a must
· Experience with construction accounting software is a must.
· Must be a highly organized, self-starter with strong analytical abilities. The role will also require an individual who can effectively communicate with employees in all levels of the organization.
· Strong in Excel, pivot tables, and cross referencing
The Controller will be responsible for accounting and finance operations including, but not limited to:
· Maintain all accounting records and perform ongoing journal entries and transactions within the accounting system
· Management and Financial reporting of Self Insurance Program
· Coordinate, record, track, analyze, and report on general ledger account balances
· Monitor cash collections and aged receivables
· Manage daily cash flow and develop and provide projections of revenue and cash flow to executive leaders
· Perform monthly account reconciliations
· Perform and support month and year-end closing processes, while continuing process improvement
· Coordinate the preparation and monitoring of the annual operating budget
· Develop and document business processes to ensure compliance with company policies and procedures and standards
· Prepare and analyze past, current, and potential gross margin reports
· Prepare additional analysis, forecasting, and reporting to assist management with development of the company’s strategic plans
· Assist with analyzing and developing strategies based on industry financial bench marking data
· Perform ad-hoc analysis and transactions as necessary for ongoing projects annually
· Experience with Budgeting, Forecasting, and Cash Management is required
· Strong Cash Management, planning, and forecasting – scheduling expenditures, prioritizing payments, communicating future needs, and initiating corrective actions
· Identifying, implementing, and enforcing internal controls, policies, and procedures
· Consistently reconciling and delivering monthly reporting within stated timelines
· Providing information for internal and external audits
· Experience with streamlining business processes utilizing technical solutions and automated reporting
· Responding to requests and inquiries quickly. Consistently follow through on promises, payment plans, and commitments
· Vendor Management and Account Payable – Experience with re-engineering, streamlining, and implementing internal controls
· Managing bank relationships, monitoring costs, and implementing solutions to assure appropriate credit availability
· Cash Planning, budgeting, and assuring liquidity requirements and other cash commitments are met
· Defining, implementing, and benchmarking operational best practices
· Investor reporting, Invoicing, Account Receivable, and Collections
· Mange Fixed Assets, maintain equipment records for depreciation, acquisitions, and disposal
· Process and monitor sales and use tax reports and payments
· Obtain Financing Quotes and process lease and loan documents and payments
Competency & Skill Requirements:
Time Management uses his/her time effectively and efficiently; values time; concentrates his/her effort on the more important priorities; gets more done in less time than others; can attend to the broader range of activities.
Work Ethic Understands the urgency & dynamic nature of this business. Displays a strong sense of ownership & willingness to sacrifice of him/herself in order to do the right things, the right way, at the right time.
JB JAMES CONSTRUCTION IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER